Reporting to the Vice President, Tenant Construction, this position is responsible for the preliminary stages from design, construction budgeting, contractor selection, project construction, new tenant possession, tenant construction through to final opening of a newly leased premises. Manage any follow up requirements associated with finalizing the activities/ responsibilities of the Leasing Group relative to the new lease. Construction budgets anticipated up to $100,000. Position will include providing administrative support to the tenant construction group.
- Provide general administrative support to the group, including maintaining property status reports and uploading information to the intranet.
- Coordinate and liaise with Tenants, Consultants, Contractors and RioCan’s Leasing and Operations representatives in the regional portfolio.
- Coordinate with the leasing team to provide input at preliminary leasing stages.
- Review of Tenant Offers to determine Landlords scope and responsibilities with respect to Landlord construction including definition of design requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of Construction Budgets for proposed new Tenant leases.
- Assist with Contractor activities including preparing Scopes of Work for pricing, pricing review and selection of contractors, purchase order preparation, acquisition of contractor documentation, monitoring of contractor activities during construction, general administration of contractor activities.
- Monitor and report on project schedule status and cost status. Prepare and update standard reports.
- Coordinate Tenant requirements and activities including acquisition and review of documentation required from Tenant and Tenant Contractors including review of drawing submittals.
- Liaise with Tenants & Tenant Contractors during the construction process.
- Issue timely correspondence to Tenant in accordance with lease agreement requirements.
- Other duties & projects as assigned.
- Formal education in Engineering or Construction Management
- 0 – 5 years previous relevant experience in the Retail Real Estate sector
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Understanding of the relationship between Landlord and Tenant
- Excellent time management and organization skills and ability to communicate and report accurately and promptly
- Strong financial management/budgeting abilities
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.