Posted: Tue Jan 7, 2020
Employment: Full Time
Reporting into our Vice President Innovation and Sustainability, this position is responsible for coordinating RioCan’s sustainability and environmental initiatives and assisting with reporting and maintenance of our environmental and sustainability data.
• Maintain and enhance RioCan’s Environmental Management System through detailed report review and management of environmental data
• Support hazardous material management and compliance across the country by working with our operations team and third party consultants to complete property surveys as needed
• Provide detailed review and analysis of environmental reports (Phase I and II ESAs, Remediation Reports, Risk Assessments, etc.) and project management support for investments, developments and other internal stakeholders
• Review and summarize regulatory updates on various environmental legislation across Canada
• Assist with maintaining and improving property-level data in RioCan’s utility and sustainability data management system
• Contribute towards the preparation of annual reporting and disclosure, including Sustainability Report, GRESB submission and compliance with Ontario Energy and Water Reporting & Benchmarking regulation
• Assist with the delivery of various sustainability initiatives, ad-hoc research and project management activities related to RioCan’s Innovation Program
• University or College degree/diploma in Business or a related field.
• 2 to 4 years’ experience as an Analyst.
• Experience in Environmental and Sustainability in Property Management is considered an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and meet multiple deadlines.
• Proven creative problem solving and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects.
• Possess a high level of oral and written communication skills.
• Thrive in a collaborative team environment, supporting team priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong and proven quantitative analysis skills.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.Apply Now
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.