Reporting to the Sr. Property Manager, this position is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with managing the day to day operations of the site(s) within the assigned portfolio.
- Assist the Sr. Property Manager in collecting and entering monthly rents and tenant sales in JD Edwards.
- Review A/R and call tenants for outstanding arrears.
- Resolve tenant issues.
- Maintain accounting / invoicing procedures in conjunction with Head Office, including processing supplier invoices, entering purchase orders into JD Edwards and preparing monthly tenant service invoices.
- Prepare statement of accounts and correspondences to send to tenants.
- Meet with inspectors and / or site maintenance contractors as required.
- Ensure tenant billings and year-end adjustments are correct and as per lease agreement.
- Review lease summaries.
- Inform manager of any property, tenant or A/R issues.
- Prepare and update reports.
- Issue default and / or demand notices to tenants for non-payment of rent.
- Monthly property inspections.
- Record monthly sales figures for tenants reporting.
- Set up tender packages and select contractor for snow removal, landscaping and maintenance.
- Provide administrative support to the Sr. Property Manager.
- Help with budgets.
- Prepare and distribute year end recoveries to all tenants.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- College Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration
- Minimum 4 years experience in property management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of JD Edwards is an asset
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.