RioCan is Canada’s largest real estate investment trust with a total enterprise value of approximately $15 billion. RioCan owns and manages Canada’s largest portfolio of shopping centres with ownership interests in a portfolio of 302 Canadian retail and mixed use properties, including properties under development, containing an aggregate net leasable area of 45 million square feet. For further information, please refer to RioCan’s website at www.riocan.com.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Reporting, the position is responsible for providing accounting support to the corporate Financial Reporting department.
- Assist with the compilation of quarterly and annual external consolidated financial statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis report
- Complete primary review and roll-forward procedures of WebFilings documents and workbooks for quarter end reporting
- Prepare support working papers for quarter end disclosures
- Assist with accounting research, issue resolution and disclosure implications of significant transactions
- Review subsidiary financial statements and notes
- Assist with transaction support analysis for assessing accounting and business implication
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, including automation, and junior staff development
- Participate in appropriate cross-training, documentation and resources for key tasks, reports and processes
- Prepare/review legal entity financial statements for compliance and tax reporting
- Support in the coordination of external auditor requests
- Prepare variance analysis reports for the auditors
- Other duties / projects as assigned
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (or equivalent)
- 3 – 5 years of public accounting experience with real estate and/or financial services industry experience
- Public company practical experience, ideal but not mandatory
- Knowledge of current accounting practices and principles (IFRS)
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal/teamwork and problem solving skills
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending accounting policies, process and procedures
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Experience with JD Edwards, Hyperion and Workiva is an asset
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.