Reporting to the Manager, Recovery Accounting, the position is responsible for Portfolio specific Operating Cost & Realty Tax recovery accounting for Month end, Re-forecasting, Annual budgets and Year-end billings.
- Update & maintain Recovery Schedules on a monthly basis.
- Calculate and process year-end final billings to tenants.
- Review leases and set up Recovery Schedules for newly acquired properties.
- Conduct lease audits on select properties to ensure proper calculation of CAM and Taxes.
- Prepare annual property budgets for CAM and TAX Recoveries.
- Assist Property Manager with resolution of Tenant’s CAM and Tax queries.
- Analyze variances for CAM and TAX (Actual Vs Budget or Reforecast).
- Pre-billing tenants for Additional rents based on budget.
- Liaise with Leasing Dept in finalizing new leases.
- Liaise with Internal and External auditors with respect to CAM and TAX.
- Analyze and distribute tax refunds to tenants.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- College diploma or certificate in Finance or Accounting
- 1 – 3 years of recovery / property accounting experience
- Ability to read and interpret leases
- Sound understanding of Recoverable Capital expenditure and Recoverable Operating Expenses
- Previous experience with set up of operating cost and realty tax files
- Detail oriented
- Ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Previous experience in JD Edwards an asset
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.