Reporting to the Regional Director, this position will be responsible for all aspects of managing a portfolio of properties.
- Manage the accounts receivable process.
- Monitor and follow up on rent collections and arrears on regular basis.
- Ensure timely, appropriate resolution of tenant-related outstanding receivables involving dispute reviews, defaults and bailiffs.
- Authorize all accounts payable and ensure timely payment of all invoices.
- Prepare annual operating budget(s) for review and approval by senior property management staff.
- Monitor, analyze and report on monthly budget variances.
- Oversee the preparation of various financial reports pertaining to variance analysis, vacancy rates, rent roll review, retail sales analysis and other relevant reporting information.
- Ensure financial records and statements are current.
- Liaise with various corporate departments and other parties regarding property management issues.
- Work with Accounting, Revenue Control, Accounts Receivable and Tax Departments in effectively resolving tenant issues and disputes regarding rent, adjustments, etc.
- Liaise with the Leasing Department to arrange new and renewal leases, showing vacant units to prospective tenants.
- Monitor tenant compliance with lease agreements and resolves problems and concerns.
- Advise Leasing Department management of unstable tenancies.
- Solicit tenders and acquire contracts for landscaping, snow removal, cleaning, preventative maintenance and mechanical and vehicular equipment for assigned properties.
- Oversee the execution of third party contracts.
- Solicit tenders and coordinate construction of all tenant retail units for assigned properties.
- Liaise with the Construction Department on all landlord construction projects, monitor progress and follow up on successful completion.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess condition of properties and to ensure that maintenance, cleaning and housekeeping functions are performed according to standards.
- Identify and address issues and problems relating to life safety, liability and potential negligence situations that could impact RioCan, its contractors, tenants and / or customers.
- Confer with Maintenance Supervisor / Operations Manager on property issues and recommend improvements to properties, as required.
- Manage tenant initiatives related to insurance / risk management, legal issues, and environmental and energy conservation programs. Coordinate their implementation with involved parties.
- Conduct long-term planning to accommodate structural, environmental, system, equipment and furnishing repairs, replacements and enhancements.
- Foster and maintain positive tenant relations through site visits, tenant meetings, correspondence, newsletters and by being accessible and providing timely and effective service and response to enquiries and requests.
- Ensure that RioCan’s Health and Safety policies are routinely assessed at the property level.
- Handle complaints and concerns in a prompt, appropriate manner.
- Other duties / projects as required.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.