This position is responsible for assisting the Regional Director with the day to day maintenance, appearance and physical operation of the buildings and exterior grounds of a portfolio of properties. The Operations Supervisor will ensure that building, mechanical systems and equipment are properly maintained to high standards and all reporting requirements are met.
- Regular inspections of interior and exterior common areas of the assigned properties. Duties include inspecting parking lot, landscaping, waste and service areas/rooms, interior mall space etc. to ensure cleanliness and high standard of functionality and appearance, including weekly inspection of all valve rooms including anchor stores and report findings on Fire Protection Inspection Form.
- Test fire alarm system to ensure good operation.
- Inspect and actively seek out any potential hazards/liability and immediately address same.
- Monthly site reporting including Health and Safety report, Fire Inspection Report, Property Audit Report, and Property Inspection Reports.
- Maintain log books and records pertaining to inspections, building, health and safety.
- Oversee contractors working on maintenance repairs and new construction.
- Address health and safety issues by identifying potential hazards.
- Report promptly to tenant requests and enquiries. Act on service requests and follow-up with Tenant
- Perform regular inspections of building including tenant spaces, public areas, storage and service rooms, roof and exterior grounds to ensure cleanliness, safety and proper maintenance.
- Complete meter readings for all utilities
- Regularly check security lighting for buildings and interior/exterior common areas and for the Pylon signage.
- Inspect the roof pitch pans, flashing, bare spots and extension joints for potential water penetration.
- Obtain quotations for property maintenance and repairs for the budget preparation process.
- Special project work, i.e. research base-building drawings for leasing, obtain quotations for property maintenance and repairs, purchasing, annual budget process, etc.
- Review all pertinent issues at the property with the Regional Director and/or Property Managers.
- Perform On-Call duties (rotating shift) as required including responding to emergency calls (24h) per day, and report promptly to management as required.
- Frequent travel between properties required.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- 2 – 3 years previous relevant experience
- Customer service-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, Yardi or similar software is an asset
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and interpreting specifications and standards.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.