Monitor and oversee all daily activities at the shopping centre (Georgian Mall) including all service contracts such as maintenance, electrical, heating, cooling and ventilation, security, snow removal, landscaping.
- Weekly patrol of common area interior and exterior of the property.
- Oversee special project work, i.e. research base building drawings for leasing, assist the General Manager in preparation of annual operating budget, conduct purchasing procedures, and solicit quotes for major projects.
- Review all pertinent issues at the property and review with General Manager.
- Review monthly accounting statement; comment on accuracy and budget variances.
- Monthly roof inspection and reporting.
- Work with 3rd party contractors (snow removal, landscaping, janitorial, etc) to manage all service contracts, monitor performance and ensure contract requirements are met.
- Site reporting including Health and Safety report, Fire Inspection Report, and Property Audit Report.
- Operations and Health and Safety training for new employees and review existing procedures with co-workers.
- Monitor and develop direct reports to ensure adherence to corporate policies and procedures, provide feedback on performance, address performance concerns and resolve problems.
- Conduct meetings with employees and coordinate employee training sessions as required.
- Preparation of Monthly Budget Compliance Review for each property.
- Assist in the preparation of capital projects by reviewing each property, obtaining quotes and making recommendations.
- Review budgets (operations and capital) with building operators to ensure understanding.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- Completion of College Diploma or Certificate Program in Mechanics
- Minimum 5 years experience in maintain retail properties
- Hands on experience with mechanical systems, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems
- Customer service-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and interpreting specifications and standards
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.