This position will take accountability for property operations and day to day safety initiatives. The position manages company resources and assists in creating budgetary limits to maximize operational efficiency and safety.
- Accountable for overall safety operations and maintenance inclusive of weekly patrol of common area interior and exterior of the properties.
- Monitor and oversee all daily activities at the properties including all service contracts such as maintenance, electrical, heating, cooling and ventilation, security, snow removal, landscaping, ensuring services are provided efficiently and effectively within budgetary limits.
- Ensure properties are compliant with proper authorities, inclusive of TSSA, MOE and ESA.
- Assist with implementation of environmental management or sustainability programs such as recycling, conservation or waste management.
- Accountable for ensuring teams (engineering, maintenance, security and housekeeping) work in accordance with company’s operating requirements.
- Oversee special project work, i.e. research base building drawings for leasing, assist the GM in preparation of annual operating budget, conduct purchasing procedures, and solicit quotes for major projects.
- Review all pertinent operational issues at the properties and review with Property Manager and General Manager.
- Review monthly accounting statement; comment on accuracy and budget variances for each property.
- Review budgets (operations and capital) with building operators to ensure understanding.
- Site reporting including Health and Safety report, Fire Inspection Report, and Property Audit Report.
- Operations and Health and Safety training for new employees and review existing procedures with co-workers.
- Conduct meetings with staff and coordinate staff training sessions as required, encouraging and managing career development activities for operations employees.
- Assist in the preparation of capital projects by reviewing each property, obtaining quotes and making recommendations.
- Assist in the performance review of operations team.
- Maintain and develop relationships with tenants, contractors and staff acting as a contact point for business development and operations as needs arise.
- Work closely with other teams (i.e. marketing, construction, leasing, etc) to plan and implement short and long term operational goals.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- Completion of College Diploma, BES I and BES II or Certificate Program in Mechanics
- Minimum 6 to 8 years experience in maintaining retail properties
- Hands on experience with mechanical systems, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems
- Customer service-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Possess strong leadership, communication and time management skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and interpreting specifications and standards
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.