Reporting to the VP, Corporate Tax, this position is responsible for the Canadian Tax compliance and provision, monitoring RioCan’s mutual fund trust and REIT status, tax audit management, and assisting in the implementation of various tax planning initiatives.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of our Canadian tax returns (corporations, trusts, and partnerships).
- Managing and monitoring of RioCan’s mutual fund trust and REIT status
- Continually improving and streamlining the tax compliance process
Tax Financial Reporting
- Responsible for the timely and accurate quarterly and annual review of the financial tax reporting requirements which includes income tax provisions, SIFT and mutual fund trust test calculations, and disclosure requirements (MD&A and Financial Statements).
- Liaise with external auditors
- Keeping updated on RioCan’s business in order to accurately review the income tax and SIFT test projections
Tax Planning and Structuring
- Assisting in the implementation and design of tax strategies to minimize tax risk and maximize tax benefit
- Managing CRA tax audits
- Advising on indirect tax issues especially related to RioCan’s SLFI reporting
- Implementing and maintaining best practice controls and procedures
- Continually looking to improve and streamline our tax processes
- Ongoing research on issues that arise
Other duties / projects as assigned
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 7 years of tax experience working at a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) or real estate industry
- CPA designation
- Previous experience managing people
- CICA In-depth Tax Course Part I & II
- GST/HST experience an asset
- Real Estate tax knowledge and experience with Canadian tax
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.