Reporting to the VP, Leasing the position is responsible for negotiating leasing contracts with tenants. Responsible for all economic and legal aspects (documentation) of creating new tenancies and renewals. Ensure that all vacancies in portfolio are dealt with in a timely fashion and manage as low of a vacancy rate as possible.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with potential tenants and manage the potential deal until revenue is realized.
- Negotiate deals and complete lease and offer to lease agreements.
- Assess current asset positions and determine the best strategy to improve economic performance.
- Respond to all tenant issues including facilitating construction; tenant opening; operation and asset management issues.
- Negotiate and prepare Offers to Lease for execution by Senior Management.
- Visit various properties to ensure a strong understanding of various markets and locations.
- Go out to each property and do showings and prospecting.
- Monitor and review existing tenant relationships.
- Attend conventions (ie; ICSC).
- Formulate partnerships with existing Real Estate Brokers, prospective Tenants and department heads. Cold call perspective clients.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of each transaction.
- Create annual budget revenue projections and manage revenue side of assigned portfolio.
- Lease available and vacant space within the various properties, including marketing, preparation of offers and negotiate all aspects of formal proposal and lease documents.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- University Degree
- 5 – 7 years of practical experience in leasing
- Advanced negotiating skills accompanied by strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Strong time management skills and must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well with others in a team environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.