Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, this position is responsible for supporting the activities of the corporate Human Resources department.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager, Human Resources and Human Resources Generalist.
- Support recruiting process including but not limited to: updating job descriptions, posting job descriptions, screening resumes, conducting phone screens, scheduling interviews, background checks, preparing offer letters, and assisting with onboarding including orientation.
- Support hiring for temporary, contractor and consultant positions (ie; liaise with recruitment agency, hiring manager).
- Maintain and update reports (e.g. Open Positions, training)
- Assist with administrative work for onboarding and offboarding employees.
- Maintain employee records.
- Event coordination.
- Assist with the creation of memos, announcements and other internal communications.
- Revise company policy handbooks as required and update intranet page.
- Administrative support for Learning Management System including assigning courses, completion follow-up, and report generation.
- Work with the VP and other HR team members on a variety of special projects related to training, health & safety, budgeting, employee relations, community relations.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- University Degree or post graduate certificate in Human Resources.
- A minimum of 6 months to 1-year experience in Human Resources.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Be an effective verbal and written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Display diplomacy and tact in dealing with others.
- Understand the necessity of confidentiality in dealing with employee issues.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with an HRIS is an asset.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.