Reporting to the Vice President of Leasing, this position is responsible for preparing and negotiating retail leasing contracts with tenants.
- Handle all lease negotiations including new leasing and renewals as assigned.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective tenants and retail representatives.
- Assist in the strategic positioning of assets with a focus on revenue growth.
- Oversee the deal process from offer to opening.
- Understand and be familiar with other competing properties and developments.
- Attend external industry events and conventions.
- Forge strong working relationships and communication channels with internal disciplines.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of leasing transactions.
- Create annual budget revenue projections and provide revenue reforecasts as required.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- University Degree in Planning or Business
- 7 – 10 years of practical experience in leasing.
- Urban retail and mixed use leasing experience is considered an asset.
- Proven negotiating skills accompanied by strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ontario Real Estate license is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.