Reporting to the AVP, Developments, this position will oversee development projects including, but not limited to obtaining municipal and provincial approvals, locating new site development opportunities, acquisition analysis, development modeling, reporting, budgeting and scheduling.
- Review, and modify drawings related to development files.
- Special projects (e.g. analysis of green initiatives, solar power).
- Manage development budgets, including soft and hard costs
- Have a good understanding of the project pro forma
- Oversee the project schedule
- Effectively managing direct reports
- Oversee development project management and land use approvals.
- Liaison for negotiation / discussion with municipal staff, elected officials, consultants (e.g. engineers, architects, urban planners, lawyers)
- Review legal documents such as leases, zoning by-laws and municipal agreements to ensure feasibility.
- Review operating and easement agreements to ensure compliance with tenant requirements.
- Update tenants with the status of applications concerning their space.
- Identify and research possible site locations for future planning and development and assist in the acquisition process. Meet weekly with internal departments to discuss development strategy.
- Collaborate with external parties, potential JV partners, investors, sellers, consultants, architects, real estate brokers etc.
- Coordinate site plan design / analysis, land rezoning / official plan amendment applications, minor zoning variances and LPAT appeals.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- Able to manage large workload and complex projects
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 7-10 years experience in Planning and Development, preferably 3-5 years of Mixed Use projects within Toronto and GTA
- University Degree in Urban Planning or other related discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker when it comes to problem solving, or obtaining approvals
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure, meet strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of JD Edwards is an asset
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.