- Provide input to and coordinate with Development, Leasing, Operations and Asset Management groups to assist in achievement of their objectives where required.
- Develop and assist with the development and maintenance of design and construction budgets and schedules.
- Direct, coordinate and work with various design consultants to ensure expeditious delivery of construction documents and required designs.
- Coordinate multiple construction projects, including; visiting sites to ensure projects stay on time & budget, contract administration, preparation of Purchase orders to facilitate the completion of Departmental works, preparing any necessary Change Orders/Budget Revisions and creating invoices.
- Ensure that all Landlord and municipal requirements are met prior to providing the Tenant approval to begin construction.
- Administer construction tender processes and procurement of contractors and suppliers.
- Manage all project contracts, ensuring company standards are implemented and projects are delivered within budget and on time in a professional manner.
- Reporting on costs and schedule on a regular basis while mitigating variances which may arise.
- Ensure that all project requirements are provided including project close out documentation, occupancy permits warranties, manuals and as-built documentation.
- Ensure accurate project documentation is secured, obtained and maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the Tenant Construction Manager, as required to assist with Tenant construction and also perform direct Tenant coordination duties as may be required.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure Construction Group overall objectives are met.
- Some Travel in the Eastern Canada may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years of responsible experience independently managing the design and construction of Commercial / Retail building projects.
- Knowledge and understanding and of synergic relationship between Tenant and Landlord while accurately interpreting and respecting obligations which may be dictated within a lease document.
- Experience in management of various construction formats including single and multi-storey commercial buildings and mixed-use projects.
- Experience in earthworks, site servicing and general siteworks contracts.
- Competence in the use of standard construction contract forms and documents.
- Knowledge and competence in procurement and contract administration processes.
- Project management, construction and budgeting experience, with the ability to meet schedule and budgetary goals managing multiple commercial / retail projects.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written/oral) are required.
- Competent knowledge of real estate and construction industry.
- Ability to manage complex, multiple, continually changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully identify, diagnose, and solve problems in a construction project environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members while maintaining a clear sense of direction and leadership.
- Ability to make and execute decisions effectively, quickly, and independently.
- Strong PC skills
- Experience with JDE accounting software would be an asset.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.