Reporting to the Director, Development Construction, this position is responsible for the construction budgeting, project pricing, contractor selection, project coordination, new tenant possession, tenant construction through to final opening of a newly leased premises.
- Review of Tenant Offers to determine Landlords scope and responsibilities with respect to Landlord construction including definition of design requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of Construction Budgets for proposed new Tenant leases within Project Development.
- Coordinate and liaise with Tenants, Consultants, Contractors and RioCan’s Leasing and Operations representatives.
- Coordinate with base building contractors for landlords work as per agreements to lease, purchase order preparation, acquisition of contractor documentation, monitoring of contractor activities during construction, general administration of contractor activities.
- Monitor and report on project schedule status and cost status. Prepare and update standard reports.
- Coordinate Tenant requirements and activities including acquisition and review of documentation required from Tenant and Tenant Contractors including review of drawing submittals.
- Liaise with Tenants / Tenant Contractors during the construction process.
- Issue timely correspondence to Tenant in accordance with lease agreement requirements.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- College Diploma or Certificate in related field
- 3 – 5 years previous relevant experience in the Retail Real Estate sector
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Understanding of the relationship between Landlord and Tenant
- Excellent time management and organization skills and ability to communicate and report accurately and promptly
- Strong financial management/budgeting abilities
- Previous experience in JD Edwards is an asset