Reporting into the Development team, this position works side by side with Development Project Managers and project teams to integrate sustainability factors directly into the design and construction of projects.
- Leading implementation of the Sustainability Development Policy and Strategic Plan, monitoring and reporting on progress
- Working with functional teams across RioCan to develop new business processes and resources to support the Sustainable Development Policy; provide support as they are applied on new projects; ensure alignment with the Operations Guidelines for Sustainability
- Lead training and engagement with development stakeholders (e.g. employees, JV and development partners, project managers, strategic service providers, general contractors and operations teams)
- Support relationship management with municipal planning and approval authorities and facilitate community and stakeholder design workshops to ensure projects reflect emerging trends and customer demands
- Working with Development and Operations Teams to set sustainable development project objectives and targets, as well as measure key performance indicators; participate in charettes and project meetings
- Evaluation of project success against sustainable development targets and broader corporate sustainability goals, including seeking external feedback
- Support corporate disclosure of sustainability development activities, including GRESB New Construction module, investor and community stakeholder reporting
- Degree in Architecture /Engineering/Environmental Sciences/Construction Management or related field
- LEED AP, WELL AP, project management credentials
- Expertise in designing and developing green and healthy buildings, including stakeholder consultation, charettes, impact assessments, RFP/contracts processes, building certifications (LEED, WELL), municipal green standards, deep energy retrofits, energy modeling, renewable energy, energy storage, smart building technology, lifecycle cost analysis, passive design, climate risk and resiliency, carbon emissions quantification, etc.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience related to building design, construction, development, project management and consulting processes
- Familiarity with the property development process, building systems and operations
- Experience with construction documents: drawings, specifications and submittal review
- Application of energy or building information modeling (BIM)
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles, investment calculations and lifecycle costing
- Analytical, critical thinker and problem solver who is innovative and not afraid of challenging conventional thinking
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects, teams, consultants, service delivery, timelines and budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, who can encourage teams to see new perspectives and innovate
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Desire to learn continuously, work more effectively, and enhance technical and professional skills
- Punctual, reliable, detail-oriented, task-oriented, and organized
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.