Responsible for the day to day maintenance and operation of the site(s) to ensure clean and safe environment for tenants, customers, contractors and employees.
- Liaise with Tenants and Contractors and maintain relations.
- Conduct daily property check.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance on building structural elements and finishes, building equipment, HVAC systems and others as directed.
- Ensure life safety systems are operating efficiently.
- Identify and rectify any general maintenance issues.
- System monitoring of mechanical equipment.
- Coordinate contractor access and ensure all deficiencies are rectified.
- Advise manager on any building inefficiencies.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts for prompt and professional investigation and resolution to concerns.
- Respond to emergency after-hour calls and participate in on-call services as required.
- Assist with seasonal building requirements.
- Basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical and miscellaneous repairs on site.
- Communicate and execute all work procedures set out by management.
- Daily litter control – maintain curb appeals of the properties
- Travel between properties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 – 3 years previous relevant work experience.
- Previous maintenance experience preferably gained in a retail / commercial property environment.
- BES I & II certificate required.
- Sound knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical, emergency systems and fire and life safety.
- Execute all work in a safe and professional manner and in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation guidelines and other applicable regulations.
- Experience performing minor repairs, painting, drywall, electrical installations and plumbing.
- Familiarity with safe work practices and construction standards.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule all work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.