Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of the site(s) to ensure clean and safe environment for tenants, customers, contractors and employees.
- Create and maintain at all times, positive business relationships with owners, clients, tenants, suppliers and service providers.
- Conduct daily property checks and keep up to date log books on each property to record maintenance issues, remedies and cost involved.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance on building structural elements and finishes, building equipment, HVAC systems and others as directed.
- Ensure life safety systems are operating efficiently.
- Identify and report any general maintenance issues.
- System monitoring of mechanical equipment.
- Coordinate contractor access and ensure all deficiencies are rectified.
- Advise manager on any building inefficiencies.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts for prompt and professional investigation and resolution to concerns.
- Assist Dock Master with coordination of scheduling deliveries and vehicular traffic within loading dock.
- Respond to emergency after-hour calls and participate in on-call services as required.
- Assist with seasonal building requirements.
- Assist the Property Manager to analyze costs and provide information utilized in the preparation of annual operating budgets
- Report need for basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical and miscellaneous repairs on site as required.
- Assist the property manager to create, implement and manage cost effective and efficient operational procedures for each property
- Communicate and execute all work procedures set out by management.
- Report deficiencies in daily litter control – maintain curb appeals of the properties.
- Monitor work in progress for assigned projects ensuring healthy and safety standards are being adhered to at all times
- Other duties / projects as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 – 3 years previous relevant work experience
- Previous maintenance experience preferably gained in a retail / commercial property environment
- Class 5 ticket through ABSA
- Sound knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical, emergency systems and fire and life safety
- Execute all work in a safe and professional manner and in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation guidelines and other applicable regulations
- Familiarity with safe work practices and construction standards
- Ability to prioritize and schedule all work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license and vehicle
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.