Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for assisting the General Manager with managing the day to day operations of the site(s) within the assigned portfolio.
- Collect rent, input into system and deposit in the bank.
- Review A/R and call tenants for outstanding arrears.
- Resolve tenant issues.
- Prepare statement of accounts and send to tenants.
- Daily site inspections.
- Meet with inspectors and / or site maintenance contractors as required.
- Analyze financial statements.
- Ensure tenant billings and year-end adjustments are correct and as per lease agreement.
- Review and approve lease summaries.
- Inform manager of any property, tenant or A/R issues.
- Prepare and update reports.
- Issue default and / or demand notices to tenants for non-payment of rent.
- Monthly property inspections.
- Record monthly sales figures for tenants reporting.
- Set up tender packages and select contractor for snow removal, landscaping and maintenance.
- Prepare budgets.
- Prepare lease assignments.
- Prepare and distribute year end recoveries to all tenants.
- Ensure that RioCan’s Health and Safety policies are routinely assessed at the property level.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- Participate/oversee Green Team initiatives.
- College Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years experience in property management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong problem solving skills
- Previous experience managing people
- Strong Communication skills
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.