Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit and Compliance, the Analyst will assist in the delivery of internal audit and internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) tasks and responsibilities to determine the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting and operating processes. The Analyst will also work with and support the Manager of Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Assist in the delivery of the internal controls program through the performance of walkthroughs, detailed control testing, coordinating testing with departments, and ensuring the control environment is designed and operating for existing and changing processes;
- Follow-up to ensure audit findings are actioned-up and resolved by business-unit leaders;
- Collaborate with process owners to develop viable and appropriate remediation action plans to address deficiencies;
- Design and perform financial, operational, strategic or compliance audits;
- Assist in the development of formal internal audit reports with practical and pragmatic solutions;
- Perform quarterly follow-up audits and support quarterly reporting as needed;
- Assist in the preparation of audit and risk committee presentation materials;
- Support both the Director and Managers in day-to-day activities; and
- Ad-hoc duties (as required).
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business/Commerce
- New graduate to 3 years of relevant work experience
- Currently holds or wishes to pursue a CPA or a CIA designation;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- A team player with the ability to develop relationships across the organization;
- Confident, decisive and results-driven;
- Willingness to take on new tasks and embrace change;
- Committed to development and growth; and
- Internal controls, and external (or internal) audit experience will be considered an asset
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.