Reporting to the Manager, Property Accounting, this position is responsible for providing financial / accounting support to a complex property portfolio(s) through the maintenance of and analysis of records or ledgers, preparation of financial statements and other reports, and reconciliation of property accounts.
- Prepare and post journal entries for expense accruals, mortgage payments, etc.
- Code and approve utility / expenses and legal invoices for Accounts Payable.
- GL coding for cheque deposits by Revenue Control.
- Liaise with Property Manager, Asset Managers, Recovery Accountants, etc. and respond to inquiries.
- Coordinate between departments (ie; Tax department – interim and final tax bills)
- Plan and prepare Month-End reporting periods (pre-booking journal entries, accruing revenue for management fees, etc.).
- Review lease summaries for accuracy (ie; rates, square footage) and to ensure proper accrual of tenant revenue not set up in JDE.
- Prepare cheque requisitions for property taxes, GST, Promo Fund, etc.
- Bank Reconciliations, GST Remittances, Revenue Forecasting, Cash Flow Statements.
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets (set up and disposal of new assets).
- Prepare management reports.
- Prepare Month-End reporting packages.
- Budget re-forecasting.
- Prepare Statement of Adjustments for acquisition of properties.
- Prepare and respond to inquiries for interim and annual audits.
- Annual budget preparation.
- Respond to questions regarding internal review (i.e. GROC, A/R, Percentage Rent).
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 – 3 years previous experience in Property Accounting
- Previous experience in preparing financial statements and working papers
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to cope with changing client needs
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Experience with JD Edwards is considered an asset
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.