Title: Supervisor, Operations
Reports to: Manager, Operations
- Responsible for Managing the property Maintenance team at The Well. This position is also responsible for supporting the Operations Manager with the day to day maintenance, appearance and physical operation of the buildings and exterior grounds of The Well.
Accountabilities, Tasks, Responsibilities:
- Coach, mentor and manage a group of property maintenance individuals, to ensure all property maintenance tasks are being completed satisfactorily.
- Provide regular feedback in the form of status meetings, objective setting sessions, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling, discipline and the assignment of developmental projects;
- Manage the activities of all direct reports to ensure the timely achievement of department goals, within prescribed policies, procedures and standard business practices;
- Provide regular motivation and mentoring to all staff to encourage on going professional development for succession planning purposes;
- Hire, train and supervise permanent staff by conducting the hiring process in accordance with all Human Rights requirements, providing the necessary orientation and training and reviewing activities on a daily basis to ensure that all staff complete their responsibilities in accordance with company standards.
- Maintain programs related to environmental management, waste management, landscaping, pest control, snow removal, parking lot and roof maintenance and rehabilitation, cleaning operations, tenant coordination and other pertinent aspects of physical operations to ensure the ongoing efficiency of the property operations.
- Regular inspections of interior and exterior common areas of the assigned property. Duties include inspecting parking lot, landscaping, waste and service areas/rooms, interior mall space and office tower to ensure cleanliness and high standard of functionality and appearance, including weekly inspection of all service corridors and building maintenance rooms.
- Inspect and actively seek out any potential hazards/liability and immediately address same.
- Monthly site reporting including Health and Safety report, Property Audit Report, and Property Inspection Reports.
- Ensure log books and records pertaining to inspections, building, health and safety are properly maintained.
- Oversee contractors working on maintenance repairs and new construction projects.
- Work closely with property maintenance contractors to ensure the satisfactory completion of all ongoing property maintenance contracts.
- Report promptly to tenant requests and enquiries. Act on service requests and follow-up with Tenant to ensure the completion of requests.
- Perform regular inspections of building including tenant spaces, public areas, storage and service rooms, roof and exterior grounds to ensure cleanliness, safety and proper maintenance.
- Ensure regularly check of security lighting for buildings and interior/exterior common areas and for the Pylon signage are completed.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of annual operating expense and capital budgets through reviewing past expenses, determining future needs of the property and gathering information in order to ensure the General Manager, Operations Manager and Head Office have accurate figures on which to forecast budget needs.
- Identify specifications and secures quotations for specialized services or repairs as requested by contacting appropriate contractors to discuss work to be performed and coordinating and overseeing the work performed to ensure that work is completed in accordance with all building code requirements.
- Obtain quotations for purchasing, to ensure timely property maintenance repairs, as well as for the budget preparation process.
- Regularly procure parts, equipment and supplies to ensure the property Operations team can complete necessary repairs in a timely manner.
- Review all pertinent issues at the property with the Operations Manager, Manager of Technical Services as well as other department Managers at the property.
- Oversee Operation of the Loading Dock staff and all activities related to Waste Management
- Other duties / projects as required.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in physical Operations management, with at least 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in a shopping centre, office or mixed use environment
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- A Diploma in Building Environmental Systems offered through Community College (preferred)
- A thorough knowledge of:
- General maintenance procedures
- Plumbing/carpentry skills
- Current technology
- HVAC, electrical/mechanical systems
- Customer service-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to support and assist all property teams
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, Yardi or similar software is an asset
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and interpreting specifications and standards.
- Good judgment, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with operation staff, property manager, contractors, tenants and the public; open to partner with clients to meet client needs; self-motivated, professional and flexible; coachable, empower and coach/counsel staff in the achievement of performance goals;
- An assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Competent in time management and must be able to allocate work load according to priorities, work well under pressure and manage tight deadlines; can manage multiple demands, adapt to new ideas and constant changes; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon time frames.
- Maintenance Technicians (2)
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.