Monitor and oversee all daily activities at the shopping centre including all service contracts such as maintenance, electrical, heating, cooling and ventilation, security, snow removal, landscaping.
- Weekly patrol of common area interior and exterior of the property.
- Maintaining/inspecting and inputting Tenant and landlord Preventative maintenance schedules related to HVAC, Plumbing, and FAS systems
- Oversee special project work, i.e. research base building drawings for leasing, assist the GM/APM in preparation of annual operating budget, conduct purchasing procedures, and solicit quotes for major projects.
- Review all pertinent issues at the property and review with General Manager.
- Review monthly accounting statement; comment on accuracy and budget variances.
- Must be able to travel to multiple properties within the Burlington/Hamilton Niagara area
- Monthly roof inspection and reporting.
- Site reporting including Health and Safety report, Fire Inspection Report, and Property Audit Report.
- Operations and Health and Safety training for new employees and review existing procedures with co-workers.
- Conduct meetings with staff and coordinate staff training sessions as required.
- Preparation of Monthly Budget Compliance Review for each property.
- Assist in the preparation of capital projects by reviewing each property, obtaining quotes and making recommendations.
- Review budgets (operations and capital) with building operators to ensure understanding.
- Assist in the review of Building Operator and Assistant Operations Manager performance.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- Completion of College Diploma or Certificate Program in Mechanics
- Minimum 5 years experience in maintain retail properties
- Hands on experience with mechanical systems, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems
- Customer service-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and interpreting specifications and standards
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.