RioCan is seeking an individual with broad real estate investments experience, including knowledge in residential development, to assist the Investments team, in the disposition, acquisition, and joint-venture process of existing and new properties.
- Analysis of various property scenarios and opportunities including acquisition structures, development options, lease transactions, financing alternatives and disposition strategies.
- Interpret market and economic research, and co-ordinate integration with analysis and preparation of investment memos.
- Maintain financial models and provide recommendations for on-going improvements, and consolidate key data for various reports.
- Review budget assumptions and assist with revenue and expense assumptions.
- Collaborate with Asset Management, Valuations, Development, Leasing, and other departments including developing pro-formas, sensitivity analysis and cash flow projections.
- Coordinate underwriting/ due diligence activities including preparing memos, arranging for and reviewing third party consultant reports, liaising with listing brokers and lawyers regarding transaction agreements, reviewing and incorporating existing debt and assisting with closing procedures.
- Write reports for investment committee packages and due diligence turnover binders.
- Analyze, modify and export broker models when examining a potential property.
- Review press releases and commission third party reports.
- Prepare and participate in presentations to the senior leadership team, prepare various investment committee and final underwriting documents.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- University degree in a related field of study.
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience, with strong preference for investments and acquisitions experience. Appraisal, brokerage and asset management experience will also be considered.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret analytical results.
- Experience with interpreting legal documents.
- Strong understanding of cash flow and valuation methods.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative but also comfortable working independently when required.
- Strong attention to detail but also able to thrive in a fast paced and high-volume environment.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.