Responsible for assisting in the development, design, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive commercial general liability claims management program; reporting directly to the Vice President, Insurance.
A) Claims Examination
- In-house liability claims examiner – assist with managing and supervising the course of claims at various stages of the litigation process;
- Review and assess the merit of each claim as required to determine quantum;
- Secondary contact with insurance claims specialists; insurance company adjusters and legal counsel appointed by insurance companies;
- Examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments;
- Provide instructions to property managers on how to handle property damage insurance claims;
- Maintain claim files, such as records of settled claims and an inventory of claims requiring detailed analysis.
B) Risk Management
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance a risk management procedure and information system; playing critical role in the communication of same to internal business partners;
- Completing required research in order to support the Assistant Vice President, Insurance with recommending and implementing solutions for the risk transfer as well as selfinsurance or self-funding, where appropriate, for risks retained within the company;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of insurance markets, policies available etc., keep informed of current developments and trends in the field of insurance and risk management through industry written materials, surveys and participation in professional associations and organizations, to enhance professional decision making;
- Assist with coordinating the overall maintenance of the global company insurance program.
C) Fiscal Accountability
- Implement and execute subrogation efforts against other insurance companies for our costs incurred due to other parties negligence.
- Certified Insurance Professional designation preferred
- At least 5 years experience relating to insurance claims handling
- Highly developed organization skills with able to work well under time pressure
- Working knowledge of Case Laws as it relates to commercial general liability claims
- Highly developed communication skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Solid relationship management skills
- Self motivated and capable of working as cross-functional team member as well as independently
- Excellent analytic skills with strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.