RioCan is looking for a progressive leader to manage a dynamic and diverse mixed use property, including office and retail. In this role, you will accountable for all aspects of the Property Management and Operations function including, but not limited to Building Operations, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tenant Relations and Financial Accountability.
- Oversee the Operating Plan and team for the portfolio, including the Office, Retail and parking components
- Manage the operating budgets
- Experience in Development Projects.
- Bring innovative operational practices to the portfolio
- Negotiate a broad range of third-party service and support agreements.
- Ensure a high level of environmental performance for operations by being a champion of sustainability and green initiatives.
- Manage and cultivate strong tenant relations by being responsive and diplomatic; reinforce customer (tenant) success culture through proactive communication – tenant meetings, correspondence, newsletters and by being accessible. Handle complaints and concerns in a professional, prompt and appropriate manner.
- Have a focus on crisis management and security.
- In collaboration with the Asset Management and Leasing teams, establish short- and long-term strategic goals and objectives.
- Partner with the Leasing Department during lease negotiation processes; provide support through relevant site-specific data and access. Monitor tenant compliance with lease agreements and resolve problems and concerns to ensure a high rate of tenant retention.
- Ability to prepare, review and award tender and contract documents. Oversee execution of third party contracts and supervise major repair projects. Liaise with the Construction Department on all landlord construction projects and tenant coordination.
- Lead the accounts receivable process. Monitor and directly supervise rent collection and payment of arrears on an ongoing basis. Ensure timely and appropriate resolution of tenant receivable issues.
- Oversee the preparation of and/or review financial reports pertaining to variance analysis, vacancy rates, rent roll review, retail sales analysis and other relevant reporting information, ensuring the accuracy of financial records and statements.
- In cooperation with the national and local marketing teams, develop and implement short and long-term marketing and promotional strategies to enhance awareness and increase revenues via specialty programs, property/space lease and rentals.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, speeches and reports demonstrating a high degree of professionalism.
- Mentor, motivate and develop an effective, efficient and cooperative property management team through the implementation of proven training and performance management programs; complete annual performance reviews while providing guidance and feedback on a continual basis.
- And finally roll up your sleeves, listen, walk the site and embrace the excitement of RioCan.
- Completion of a related post-secondary degree or diploma in business, finance or a related field.
- Proven retail, mixed-use format property management experience – minimum 5 to 7 years.
- Exposure to, or experience with related industry specialty areas- leasing, developments, asset management etc.
- Strong financial management ability.
- Superior customer success skills.
- Experienced in managed and leading a multi-disciplined team.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead and motivate others to achieve common goals.
- Experience in delivering results through hands-on participation, commitment, innovation and solid critical thinking.
- Exceptional leadership skills partnered with a demonstrated teamwork orientation; ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally at all levels.
- Have the ability to work in a high profile, fast paced work environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Professionalism in all aspects of performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy: proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ERPs. JDE is an asset.
- Experience with shared facilities and Development projects is an asset.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.