Reporting to the AVP, Developments, the prospective candidate is looking to start a career working with large scale, multi-dimensional development projects. The candidate is familiar with handling planning applications, liaising with City staff, researching planning policies and conducting planning due diligence through internships or prior work experience. The candidate must be able to prioritize and handle multiple development projects and a diversified workload, including the processing of invoices and other administrative responsibilities, under short timeframes within a high pressure environment. Experience dealing with various municipalities across Canada is beneficial.
- Conduct research on trade area statistics such as demographics, economic statistics/trends, etc.
- Conduct other market research such as competitive intelligence on comparable projects
- Prepare presentation materials for internal and external reporting on investment and development projects
- Conduct planning and policy due diligence, determining compliance with official plans and city bylaws.
- Respond to inquiries from various departments.
- Liaise with Municipal staff throughout the development process. Follow up with staff members on status of applications.
- Prepare project update memos for various internal departments and the senior management team.
- Assist the development manager on various applications, such as minor variance, zoning amendment, site plan approval.
- Coordinate with consultant team to ensure submission materials are prepared on time, and that the project schedule is maintained.
- Maintain project related information and conduct research into local policy changes across Canada that might affect RioCan properties.
- Create internal and external leasing & development and marketing materials.
- Read and interpret building plans and reports.
- Conduct research regarding current tenancies and proposes scenarios to determine whether projects meet budget goals and targets.
- Prepare agendas and record minutes for project management meetings.
- Proficient in Project On line, with the ability to update schedules, update information database, and maintain all project documents to be up to date (i.e., upload and organize drawings, agreements, reports, etc.).
- Act as an internal planning counsel for various lease deals; determine whether lease deals comply with official plan and zoning standards, to mitigate any planning issues that may arise in prospective leasing deals or within current assets.
- Review leases to ensure that lease deals comply with other legal obligations such as no-builds, restrictions within other leases on the same property.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to retain consultant team for development applications. Review and organize information from RFP submissions to evaluate with the development manager for contract award. .
- Conduct planning and development due diligence on properties RioCan is considering for acquisition or reposition.
- Assist in setting up contracts, creating purchase orders, processing invoices for prompt payment and ensuring projects remain on budget.
- Other duties as required.
- University Degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate Development or Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 0-3 years relevant experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Access, CAD/PDF, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, have the ability to effectively multi-task and have good attention to detail
- Knowledge in JD Edwards is an asset
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.