Reporting into the Manager of Residential Product Development, the candidate will have the unique opportunity to work on residential condo and rental projects across RioCan’s Canadian portfolio. The candidate will work closely with creative and analytical thinkers including research consultants, interior designers, architects, and marketing agencies. The candidate will stay informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping strategize, implement and evaluate research and design plans for both RioCan’s rental and condominium portfolio of projects.
- Research, gather, and track residential revenue projections by reviewing regional market conditions to determine project viability potential.
- Conduct competitive intelligence research on comparable condo and rental projects including pricing, sales/leasing strategy and marketing/promotions through first and second hand means (example: secret shopping/data mining internal databases, websites, etc.)
- Conduct research on trade area statistics to collect and analyze demographics, psychographics, and behavioral data to formulate target market recommendations for development projects
- Prepare presentation materials for internal and external reporting on investment and development projects.
- Lead research engagements with third-party market research Consultants and collaborate to arrive at recommendations for residential development projects
- Summarize key research findings and maintain reporting throughout the development life cycle, and in accordance with departmental templates/processes
- Support team to compile executive quarterly reporting for residential sites
- Product Design
- Support the team throughout the design development phase of all residential developments, including both rental and condominium buildings
- Coordinate product development activities to ensure timely completion, including liaising with Interior Design firms and Creative Agencies
- Develop and maintain product specifications database for all past projects, including tracking decisions made on amenity offerings, suite finishes, and level of customer service offered at each project
- Provide assistance through the interior design process to Product, Planning, and Construction teams as needed
- Review product designs and make recommendations for changes/improvements
- Support research projects on tenant engagement and product satisfaction, summarize findings, and make recommendations to meet the changing needs of residents
- Lead the rendering process and coordinate all project design requirements (Architect, Landscape Architect, Interior Design, Stakeholders)
- Team Support
- Manage the invoicing process for the Product Development Group
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings to keep projects on track
- Other duties as assigned to support the team
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Business Management, Marketing, or Real Estate
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to analyze and understand large amounts of data in an efficient manner
- Experience in research based projects with report writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient written and verbal communicator
- Experience in JD Edwards and Power BI considered an asset
- Passion for real estate
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.