Reporting to the Director, Development Construction, this position is responsible for assisting the lead Project Manager and project team with the successful completion of multiple new mixed-use and commercial development construction projects.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties; Asset Management, Operations, Leasing, contractors, consultants, designers, architects, planners, municipalities, development partners and tenants on various new development projects.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely reports, including but not limited to; Quarterly Accruals, Monthly Cost Variance reports, and Job Status updates.
- Preparation of construction budgets and scheduling reports for internal approvals.
- Support the tendering and procurement process for consultants and contractors.
- Assist with the management of multiple construction projects, including; visiting sites to ensure projects stay on time & on budget, contract administration, preparation of Purchase Orders to facilitate the completion of Departmental works, preparing any necessary Change Orders/Budget Revisions, and creation of invoices.
- Assist with problem solving and provide recommendations to project team based on thorough review of the issue.
- Manage base building contractors for Landlords work as per agreements to lease, purchase order preparation, acquisition of contractor documentation, monitoring of contractor activities during construction, general administration of contractor activities.
- Issue timely correspondence to Tenant in accordance with lease agreement requirements.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- University Degree / College Diploma in relevant field of study
- 3-5 years of experience in Residential Construction sector. Retail experience, an asset.
- Experience in reading drawings, construction contracts, building codes, municipal requirements, and fire code regulations.
- Excellent time management and organization skills and ability to communicate and report accurately and timely.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook. Experience with JD Edwards, Power BI, MS Teams, Bluebeam, ProCore and/or MS Project On Line is considered an asset.
- Experience with creating and managing budgets and/or estimating is considered an asset.
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Riocan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that applicants make their needs known in advance.