Reporting to the Senior Vice President Asset Management, the Vice President of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategies to achieve the business objectives of RioCan. The VP Marketing will ensure there is marketing integration across all functional areas while driving revenue through a multi-channel marketing strategy to support RioCan, their tenants and stakeholders. The VP Marketing will directly oversee a team of 5 and will indirectly oversee over 20 property marketing employees to ensure the marketing initiatives are aligned with RioCan strategies and brand position.
- Promote and oversee all key marketing planning and budget processes across all RioCan brand assets including but not limited to enclosed shopping centres, mixed-use and residential properties.
- Develop annual marketing plans for RioCan corporate, RioCan residential and Riocan income producing properties with the strategies and resources necessary to achieve key business objectives within specified budgets.
- Identify and execute multi-channel marketing strategies to build RioCan brand and property awareness.
- Oversee market research to gather demographic information to evaluate and determine where strengths, weaknesses and opportunities are within Property Management and Leasing plans.
- Build brand awareness and identify innovative ways to attract consumers, tenants and community partnership opportunities.
- Brand development and creation of marketing plans to support re-development and development properties from concept to launch
- Establish, promote and oversee the strategic development of digital and social media plans and initiatives.
- Establish, promote and oversee the development of all marketing materials including but not limited to brand brochures, property and leasing packages, recruiting packages, way finder signage, signage programs and hoarding for commercial and residential developments.
- Develop and execute integrated content strategies, communication plans and communications programs that improve stakeholders’ understanding of RioCan’s strategic direction and reinforce the vision-strategy-brand link.Work with the RioCan leadership team to align on the major internal and external channels for delivering these communications
- Assess and enhance the marketing strategy across all channels to increase customer traffic.
- Establish, develop and maintain the management of the company websites
- Plan, direct and oversee the execution of marketing initiatives and programs relating to the properties, leasing strategies, events and tradeshow development.
- Review and track the results of all branding, media and advertising initiatives.
- Consult and work collaboratively with all key stakeholders to strategically develop and execute marketing programs.
- Execute all site photography and development of site plans.
- Oversee participation in major trade shows, including developing and managing the execution of all materials and logistics (e.g. ICSC, booth design, delivery, advertising and marketing materials).
- Oversee regional/national revenue generating initiatives (e.g. ancillary revenue).
- Develop, lead and motivate marketing team to deliver on all initiatives.
- Provide ongoing coaching and direction to improve performance and retention.
- Oversee the effective integration of brand development.
- Collaborate, build trust and generate support of the senior management team for all marketing initiatives and strategies.
- Communicate effectively and execute on deliverables.
- Allocate and manage resources appropriately to maximize revenue and return on investment within established budgets.
The ideal candidate will bring a minimum of 15 years’ experience in Marketing in the Retail and/or Real Estate sector. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing creative and innovative programs while consistently meeting or over achieving targets.
- University degree in Marketing or Communications
- Results driven both short and long term.
- Proactive and disciplined leader with the ability to self-direct, motivate and coach a team.
- Ability to creatively develop new initiatives to enhance the RioCan brand and drive revenue.
- Experience providing direct communications council and support to senior executives in a large, complex organization.
- Innovative and creative with the ability to execute strategies and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate business performance and solve complex marketing and management problems.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Self-directed with the capacity for evaluating and managing complex and competing initiatives.
- Proven ability to lead, engage and collaborate with people across the business to achieve shared goals and alignment on marketing strategies and initiatives.
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.