This is a full-time permanent position
Reporting to the Manager Data Services - Decision Support (BI) solutions, the Solutions Architect will be continuously evaluate reporting system needs, design, develop, streamline and automate reporting processes.
Individual work across all levels of the organization gathering requirements for programs and projects and lead the Data Warehousing and BI Solutions projects. This will include evaluation of existing reporting, analytics and BI platforms and coming up with recommendations and migration plan based on company requirements and business growth.
- Architecting, Designing, and implementing ‘best practice’ framework in Business Intelligence.
- Engages business leaders, providing consultation, gathering their requirements (project or support related) and translating them into functional and technical specifications.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance reporting to elevate insights for all stakeholders.
- Communicate complex technical topics to non-technical resources and leadership. Provide technical input on alternative approaches to issues that arise.
- Facilitates cross-functional meetings/presentations with various levels of management.
- Provide technical leadership and advice to various levels within the organization.
- Documents systems and their interdependencies. Evolving and maintaining design documents to reflect changes introduced by new implementations.
- Creates reviews and validates conceptual, logical, and physical information models of applications and enterprise solutions to determine compatibility and fit with BI architectural framework and optimal solution design.
- Lead alignment and coordination of portfolio solution delivery with business, and IT stakeholders.
- Communicate and enforce coding standards. Perform code reviews and support an Agile, Test Driven development methodology.
- Analyze existing reports and lead the identification and documentation of business metrics scorecards and dashboards requirements.
- Analyze operational applications data and identify potential sources of data for the data warehouse.
- Reviewing Data Test Strategies and Test Plans to ensure data integrity, accuracy and completeness.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree.
- Minimum of 10 years Business Intelligence Solution Design experience in a multi-platform IT environment and in business process improvement.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, time management and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail in large data sets; strong commitment to data accuracy and integrity.
- Strong knowledge of systems including ERP’s and direct experience developing solutions with the Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, etc), their processing and data modeling.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle) and familiarity with web services.
- Strong experience with data governance, its approach, reinforcement and concepts.
- Experience in software development lifecycles, software deployment, and implementation processes and working with SaaS based products.
- Ability to work with all levels of management within a matrix organization in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experienced in vendor management with project management skills to foster effective partnerships with the vendors.
- Ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, facilitation and presentation skills.
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.”.