Reporting to the Operations Manager, The Sr. Building Operator is responsible for the day to day maintenance, appearance and physical operation of the building and exterior grounds. Ensure that building, mechanical systems and equipment are properly maintained.
- Weekly inspection of interior / exterior of each property including: utility rooms, washrooms, and all common areas to ensure cleanliness, good appearance and identify potential hazards.
- Document and report all in-house maintenance / cleaning staff issues to the Property Manager.
- Maintain log books and records pertaining to each property, health and safety, contractor requirements and fire prevention inspections.
- Address health and safety issues by identifying potential hazards and reporting to the Property Manager.
- Develop and maintain strong Tenant, Contractor and Supplier relations.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, oversee contractors, work on maintenance, repairs and any construction.
- Identify and coordinate the following list of work on a routine basis: plastering, painting, plumbing, floor tiles, ceiling tiles, snow and ice removal, door maintenance, washrooms, HVAC, electrical, lighting and common area cleanliness.
- Perform weekly inspections of each property including tenant space, public areas, storage rooms, roof, and exterior grounds to ensure cleanliness and proper maintenance.
- Coordinate testing and maintenance of the fire alarm system to ensure good operation.Ensure the site emergency response plan is adhered to by staff.
- Inspect the roof pitch pans, flashing, bare spots, and extension joints for potential water penetration.
- Obtain quotations for preventative maintenance programs, property renovations and repairs for budget preparation.
- Assist in preparation of Monthly Budget Compliance Review for each property/building operator.
- Weekly inspection of all valve rooms including anchor stores and report findings on Fire Protection Inspection Form
- Other duties / projects as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2 - 3 years previous shopping centre related experience
- Sound knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical, emergency systems and fire and life safety
- Execute all work in a safe and professional manner and in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation guidelines and other applicable regulations
- Experience performing minor repairs, painting, drywall, electrical installations and plumbing
- Familiarity with safe work practices and construction standards
- Ability to prioritize and schedule all work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision