Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of a portfolio of properties, comprised of approximately 8M sq. ft. of retail space.
- Oversee the day to day operations and support Property Managers on all aspects of managing a select group of properties within the Region.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Vice President, Operations regarding formulation of property management strategies and plans for the sub-region.
- Provides support and analysis for the operating and capital budgets, variance reports, operating statements, accounts receivable and other financial measures.
- Support the management and monitoring of long term capital expenditures and other financial variables for the entire region.
- Review invoices and approve coding slips within signing authority limits.
- Provide guidance to Property Managers to determine appropriate course of action to resolve outstanding issues with major national and smaller tenants.
- Provide guidance to Property Managers in tenant related issues including transfer of lease, abandonments, bankruptcies, defaults and operational issues.
- Cultivate solid tenant relationships; reinforce customer (tenant) service culture through proactive communication - Handle complaints and concerns in a prompt, appropriate manner.
- Regularly liaise with and establish beneficial working relationships with internal functional teams.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including legal counsel and bailiff on above mentioned items.
- Review and recommend revisions in contracts.
- In cooperation with the national and local marketing teams, develop and implement short and long-term marketing and promotional strategies
- Prepare and deliver presentations, speeches and reports demonstrating a high degree of professionalism.
- Monitor maintenance and operational functions to ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory standards and within RioCan governance requirements. Identify and address issues relating to life safety, liability and potential negligence situations that could impact RioCan, its contractors, tenants and/or customers.
- Ensure that RioCan’s Health & Safety and Sustainability’s policies and practices are routinely assessed at the property level.
- Keep abreast of ongoing organizational activities in order to manage any unforeseen events that may require decision making.
- Implement Corporate programs
- Provide support and ongoing mentoring and coaching to the Property Management team.
- Work on special projects as assigned – planning, design, development, communication and deployment.
- University Degree in related field of study
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a leadership role in Property Management Operations
- Proven ability to read and interpret retail leases
- Strong financial management ability
- Superior customer service ethic
- Exceptional leadership skills partnered with a demonstrated teamwork orientation; ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Experience in delivering results through hands-on participation, commitment, innovation and solid critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with JD Edwards is considered an asset
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.