Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for initiating, developing and implementing marketing programs and events to promote the shopping centre.
- Develop and implement marketing programs and events.
- Prepare annual marketing plan and budget.
- Track progress and evaluate results of programs.
- Liaise with shopping centre staff, tenants, customers, suppliers and media.
- Assist in designing, writing content and creating promotional materials.
- Negotiate media contracts and purchase media placement.
- Maintain and update property website.
- Specialty leasing in common areas of centre to temporary tenants and non-profit organizations; all administration, documentation & reporting for same.
- Invoice and collection of marketing accounts.
- Perform accounting duties for marketing programs; payables, receivables, income statements, budget reconciliations.
- Supervise customer service staff.
- Manage customer appreciation points program.
- Co-ordinate annual tenant meeting and holiday appreciation luncheon.
- Assist General Manager as required.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- College Diploma or Certificate in Marketing
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a marketing role
- Experience in accounting and budgeting processes
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Webpage Management)
- Graphic design and knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator programs
- Previous experience in JD Edwards is an asset
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.