The Technical Services Manager works closely with the Engineering and Service Desk teams, and oversees all enterprise infrastructure and service desk operations. The position is responsible for working on data centre operations, technology upgrades, operational projects, managing work streams, establishing/streamlining policies and procedures, validating design approaches, and updating the PMO office.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and support to Service Desk Team Lead, including acting as a secondary escalation point as required.
- Ensure that roles are clearly defined and personal and corporate objectives are understood for all service desk employees.
- Manage support service ticket metrics; develop weekly ticket statistics for the IT Director.
- Responsible for meeting SLA’s within IT and business functional groups.
- Provide technical architect expertise for Solution Design/Architecture.
- Prepare and maintain user manuals and technical documents for Support and Engineering teams.
- Participate in preparing and implementing IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform control audits.
- Monitor security compliance in accordance with Security Office standards, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with PMO office to follow project standards and delivery mechanisms.
- Participate in researching and evaluating new technology.
- Provide technical consultation to the technical and senior management teams.
- Responsible for all IT tasks related to new office setups or expansions.
- Manage all IT purchases, installations, and maintenance (PCs, servers and network equipment).
- Responsible for local inventory maintenance and software license management.
- Assist IT Director with vendor management, contract and outsourcing management support.
- Regular travel between YEC & LSQ offices.Occasional travel to other offices.
- Provide after-hour support for emergency technical help and scheduled projects.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University Degree, or 3 or 4 year College Diploma in a relevant IT discipline
- Minimum of 8 years’ previous relevant experience
- Previous experience providing leadership and managing people
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of successfully completing challenging projects within strict deadlines.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Customer focused
- Solid technical knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio; installing, and configuring PC/laptop/server hardware
- Knowledge of teleconferencing and video conferencing equipment
- Working knowledge of MS Operating systems, internet web browsers, intranet environments, web services, security applications, handheld technology, and call tracking software
- In depth knowledge of:
- ERP systems, JD Edwards an asset
- RDMBS, i.e. SQL, Oracle
- Mobile technology trends
- Change and problem management methodology
- Active Directory, user account maintenance, Group policies and replication
- Exchange, SharePoint, SQL database technologies
- Windows file/folder security structure, user permissions and groups
- LAN/WANS, Routing/Switching, IPS/IDS, firewall technologies, intrusion detection devices (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper)
- Helpful for this role are:
- Project management skills
- Microsoft SCCM and SCSM knowledge
- Technical solutions architecture experience
- Understanding of Governance and ITIL
- Knowledge of industry audit frameworks; i.e. COBIT, ISO27001, Bill 198, SAS70
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.