Reporting into the AVP of Development Analytics, this position is responsible for creating and managing the budget for RioCan’s Development portfolio, in conjunction with the project management team.
- Liaise with external cost consultants for cost reconciliations and budget updates.
- Oversee quarterly reforecast of project budgets.
- Assist in tracking cost spent to date against budget for projects.
- Collect and co-ordinate historical data from RioCan projects and assemble an accurate database of estimated
- Ongoing comparison and update of historical data to market to ensure best practices.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Team to decide on which external resources to engage in the project.
- Create cost estimates along with the Construction Manager for Landlord’s Work based on draft Landlord work schedules provided by the Leasing team.
- Co-ordinate with Project Managers for project pro forma reforecasts.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to create draft project pro formas for development projects.
- Review Tender award summaries created by Project Managers to confirm accurate cost allocations against budget
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in Quantity Surveying or College Diploma in Architectural/Construction/Engineering Technology
- A minimum of 5-7 years previous relevant work experience
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
- Technical understanding of markets and planning strategies
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Have in-depth knowledge of new system materials, building codes, and regulations.
- Strong critical thinking –able to see big picture as well as work comfortably in tactical details
- Solid analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in commercial real estate development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to changing demands
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of JDE and Argus Developer an asset
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.