Reporting to the Regional Director, Operations, the General Manager is responsible for maximizing the overall financial and operational performance of the shopping centre. The General Manager is accountable for all aspects of the Property Management and Operations function including, but not limited to Building Operations, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tenant Relations and Financial Accountability.
- In collaboration with the Asset Management and Leasing teams, establish short and long-term strategic goals and objectives for the centre.
- Manage, motivate and develop an effective, efficient and cooperative property management team through the implementation of proven training and performance management programs; complete annual reviews while providing guidance and feedback on a continual basis.
- Lead the accounts receivable process. Monitor and directly supervise rent collection and payment of arrears on an ongoing basis. Ensure timely, appropriate resolution of tenant receivable issues.
- Prepare and recommend annual operating and capital budget(s) for review and approval by the owners and senior management, within approved guidelines.
- Oversee the preparation of and/or review financial reports pertaining to variance analysis, vacancy rates, rent roll review, retail sales analysis and other relevant reporting information, ensuring the accuracy of financial records and statements.
- Cultivate solid tenant relationships; reinforce customer (tenant) service culture through proactive communication - tenant meetings, correspondence, newsletters and by being accessible. Handle complaints and concerns in a prompt, appropriate manner.
- Regularly liaise with and establish beneficial working relationships with internal functional teams.
- Partner with the Leasing Department during lease negotiation processes, provide support through relevant site-specific data and access. Monitor tenant compliance with lease agreements and resolve problems and concerns to ensure a high rate of tenant retention.
- In cooperation with the national and local marketing teams, develop and implement short and long-term marketing and promotional strategies to enhance awareness and increase revenues via specialty programs, property/space lease and rentals.
- Ability to prepare, review and award tender and contract documents. Oversee execution of third party contracts and supervise major repair projects. Liaise with the Construction Department on all landlord construction projects and tenant coordination.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, speeches and reports demonstrating a high degree of professionalism.
- Implement Corporate programs.
- Monitor maintenance and operational functions to ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory standards and within RioCan governance requirements. Identify and address issues relating to life safety, liability and potential negligence situations that could impact RioCan, its contractors, tenants and/or customers.
- Ensure that RioCan’s Health & Safety and Sustainability’s policies and practices are routinely assessed at the property level.
- Proven retail, enclosed format property management experience – minimum 5-7 years.
- Strong financial management ability.
- Superior customer service ethic.
- Exceptional leadership skills partnered with a demonstrated teamwork orientation; ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Experience in delivering results through hands-on participation, commitment, innovation and solid critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professionalism in all aspects of performance.
- Computer literacy: proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with JD Edwards.
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.