Reporting to the Sr. VP, Leasing and Tenant Coordination, this position is responsible for providing exceptional tenant coordination services for new Developments and existing properties. This position will be the main point of contact for tenants and will oversee the activities of the leasing and construction groups and will facilitate a strong relationship between tenants and operations during the onboarding process. Coordinating and liaising with leasing, construction, marketing, and operations teams, this role will provide direct input on leasing negotiations, construction feasibility, design & Operations handoff.
- Act as a liaison and foster positive relationships with all internal and external departments on tenant and development construction projects until revenue is realized.
- Main point of contact for tenants on all Leasing, Construction & Operations functions during transitions.
- Coordination of pre-feasibility, feasibility, pre-development/construction, construction and post construction activity.
- Work closely with Corporate Marketing for consistent and seamless integration of hoarding and promotion funds.
- Assist in the coordination of all activities with governmental agencies dealing with issues, such as permits and approvals.
- Provide input and support to leasing group in all negotiations and preparation of documentation for tenants.
- Provide input to marketing and sales programs to ensure consistency and quality results.
- Review & approve preliminary and final design for all tenant work.
- Guarantee strict adherence to scope of negotiated leases.
- Ensure timely and profitable execution of various phases of the construction process by providing input on construction contracts & methods, negotiating issues, obtaining approvals, troubleshooting etc.
- Monitor all Tenant Coordination Development/Construction activities in regards to budget, scheduling, cost, quality control, timelines, design and construction methodology.
- Facilitate and attend regular site visits and meetings.
- Provide exceptional tenant services, serving as the face of the company, exceeding expectations, and establishing and maintaining effective relationships by gaining tenant trust and confidence.
- Act as a concierge for all tenant-related requests and distribute follow-up communications to meet corporate deadlines.
- Prepare regular Tenant Summary reports, day-to-day updates, take preventative action and address deficiencies.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures.
- Manage construction closeout process and onboarding of tenants.
- Respond to general questions from RioCan operations team surrounding tenants.
- Other duties/projects as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University Degree in Engineering or Construction
- 7-10 years previous relevant experience; retail construction management and mixed-use property experience
- Experience with budgeting and financial controls
- Thorough understanding of commercial retail construction and building construction technology
- Experience in blueprint reading, building codes, municipal requirements, and fire code regulations
- Strong command of lease interpretation and lease terminology; specially Schedule C
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Project and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiator and effective persuader with exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and direct multiple projects on a concurrent basis
- Proven track record of successfully completing challenging projects
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Results driven and detail oriented
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.