Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Finance systems, the Business Systems Analyst will work across all levels of an organization gathering requirements for programs and projects or supporting continuous improvement in the business’ technology and processes. Specific focus will be two-fold: 1) Business process review and re-engineering and, 2) Delivering technology solutions to, Finance departments and others.
- Engages Business Leaders, providing consultation, gathering their requirements (project or support related) and translating them into functional - technical specifications
- Review cross-functional business processes, identify gaps and propose remediation.
- Maintains business process documentation and identifies areas for process improvement opportunities.
- Facilitating business change in support of solution design and implementation. Documents systems and their interdependencies.
- Evolving and maintaining design documents to reflect changes introduced by new implementations.
- Analyzes and problem solves system issues in respective application portfolio to determine the best course of action to correct the situation.
- Facilitates cross-functional meetings/presentations with various levels of management.
- Maintains domain Application-System knowledge and keeps abreast of new technology developments in key area of responsibilities.
- Drives the quality assurance process by assisting the business to translate business requirements and use cases into test plans and scenarios.
- Ensures the integration of all aspects of technology solutions and the compliance to established standards.
- Works with Business across the organization to document and obtain requirements, supporting the creation of prototype solutions such as analytics, KPI dashboards, etc.
- Providing technical assistance to the business in the use of information and data.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years Business Systems Analyst experience in a multi-platform IT environment
- Strong business acumen
- Strong experience in cross-functional process review/analysis and re-engineering:
- Six-sigma designation would be an asset
- Establish and contribute to the monitoring of key metrics associated with solutions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement agreed upon solution
- Knowledge of Oracle JD Edwards (ERP) or any ERP system would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the following: Experience in software development lifecycles, software deployment, and implementation processes and working with SaaS based products.
- Ability to work with all levels of management within a matrix organization in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experienced in vendor management (RFPs, Support Contracts management, on-shore/off-shore teams coordination, etc)
- Excellent problem-solving and team-building skills to minimize disputes and foster and effective partnerships with the vendors.
- Ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Experience in Real Estate (REITs) or Retail would be asset.
- Communication skills (facilitation, listening, verbal, written, presentation, negotiation); to negotiate and establish levels of service with internal customers and external vendors/service providers.
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.