The Assistant Vice President, Restaurants is responsible for leading leasing activities including negotiating agreements with innovative restaurant concepts that strategically capture market share in the GTA and across Canada. You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team—part of a world-class, winning culture that achieves first class results with a focus on providing the best customer experience.
- Identify and attract new concept, innovative restaurants to RioCan projects
- Source National and Independent Food Operators for high profile new developments and existing projects
- Determine the greatest absorption rate for food and entertainment for each development project
- Strategically determine the proper restaurant mix that will produce an optimal ROI
- Create financial proformas for each restaurant and entertainment project
- Identify opportunities to enhance overall property sales through a stronger restaurant tenant mix
- Effectively communicate with all necessary stakeholders on pertinent issues, and provide status reports on current projects
- Regularly visit and liaison with existing and first to market restaurant and entertainment tenants. Provide feedback to other senior management and executives on concerns or opportunities arising from these visits.
- University Degree
- 10+ years’ experience within the restaurant and food industry
- A strong understanding of restaurant operational requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and beverage players
- A proven ability to identify new to market restaurant and food trends
- Strong communication and negotiations skills
- Results driven and continuously strives to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking
- Experience with lease generation and contract negotiation are definite assets
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.