Reporting to the General Manager, the position will assist in all aspects of managing and marketing a Retail Outlet Mall. This includes initiating, developing and implementing marketing programs and events.
- Work with corporate marketing to develop and implement annual marketing plan, events, and budget.
- Monitor and maintain the marketing budget and accounts for variances.
- Implement promotions which attract customers to the centre and maximize income potential.
- Track progress and evaluate results of programs to determine effectiveness.
- Manage Shopper Services including all Tanger Outlets programs:Gift Cards, TangerClub, Personal Shopper, Best Price Promise, and Bus Groups.
- Increase membership activity of all company marketing campaigns such as TangerClub and CAA and accurately track membership visits.
- Recruit, hire and oversee Customer Service Representatives.
- Collect money, balance funds and prepare reconciling accounting reports for Shopper Services.
- Liaise with shopping centre staff, tenants, customers, suppliers and media.
- Liaise with area businesses, tourist attractions, hotels and local chamber offices to encourage shopping visits.
- Organize and participate in area trade shows and area events to encourage shopping visits.
- Assist in the design, content and creation of promotional materials.
- Work with media agency to develop targeted advertising/media plan.
- Work with corporate marketing to assure all media sources have ad materials prior to deadlines.
- Manage internal and external promotional signage including billboards.
- Maintain and update with corporate marketing property website, APP, Facebook and external website listings.
- Specialty leasing in common areas of the centre to temporary tenants and non-profit organizations, inclusive of all administration, documentation and reporting for same.
- Invoice and collection of marketing accounts.
- Perform accounting duties for marketing programs inclusive of payables, receivables, income statements and budget reconciliations.
- Organize and present at Annual Merchant Meeting.
- Keep stores aware of Tanger Outlets programs, including gift card program.
- Assist Property/General Manager and VP Marketing as required.
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation of various financial reports pertaining to variance analysis, vacancy rates, rent roll review, retail sales analysis and other relevant reporting information.
- Monitor tenant compliance with leases and assist in resolving problems and concerns.
- Conduct daily site inspections to assess condition of properties and to ensure that maintenance, cleaning and housekeeping functions are performed according to standards.
- Foster and maintain positive tenant relations through site visits, tenant meetings, correspondence, newsletters and by being accessible and providing timely and effective service and response to enquiries and requests.
- Review/approve accounts payable and ensure timely payment of all invoices.
- Ensure timely, appropriate resolution of tenant-related issues.
- Assist with the oversight of third party contracts.
- Identify and address issues and problems relating to life safety, liability, and potential negligence situations that could impact RioCan, its contractors, tenants and / or customers.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- Occasional travel required.
- Completion of University/College Diploma or relevant Certificate Program
- Minimum 4 years previous relevant experience, including experience in a marketing role within a shopping centre industry
- Proven experience in property management / administration within a retail environment
- Previous experience in accounting and budgeting processes
- Previous experience with social media platforms
- Strong focus on delivering results and providing exceptional tenant service
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven people management abilities
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with JD Edwards is an asset
RioCan is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We ask that Applicants make their needs known in advance.